Riding in the Rain
Riding in wet conditions affects your bike's handling.
Remember these wet-weather cycling tips:
- Allow more time for breaking
- Sewer covers, grates and traffic lane striping are slippery when wet. Avoid braking or turning while on them.
- Avoid puddles which may hide potholes or other road-surface irregularities that can cause you to lose control
- Keep your bike tuned for winter riding - inspect brake pads, cables and tires
- Rain is usually accompanied by decreased viability, so take appropriate precautions